Friday 2 August 2013

e-reader vs books

So for my second blog since I'm pretty new to all this still I was just going to weigh up some pros and cons of choosing an e-reader or buying books.

I'm going to put it out there that I still very much enjoy purchasing paperback books especially when there is a good bargain out there (I am a big bargain hunter.)

For me you still can't beat holding a proper paperback, i remember my first collection of books was the Roald Dahl series shortly followed by the Harry Potter series (which unfortunately I haven't read all of yet, but they are on my list to read most defiantly) I'm a massive Harry Potter fan and not afraid to admit it. With paperbacks it's the smell of the freshly printed paper that hits you immediately, and the feel of paper turning in your hands. I could spend hours in the likes of whsmiths and waterstones scanning the shelves of books they have, I get lost in my own world.
However, there are the downfalls of books, if like me you have minimal space to keep them you have to chuck them away when you run out of space and keeping memories is a big thing of mine and I class my books as memories for example the twilight saga books will never leave my side no matter how tatty or old they get they are my all time favourite books and have a rightful place on my shelf. When i go on holiday I like to take a selection of books In case I get through them or dislike them which can be a pain with the luggage allowance so that's when a e-reader comes in handy.

Ever since I purchased a kindle fire last year I've not put it down not only can you read books but also have a number of apps on it and access the internet, overall it is a good tablet but I do mainly just use it for reading. I signed up to amazon and made myself an account to receive emails with 'daily deals' which is fabulous as you get a selection of books each day to choose from with a chunk of % off it, as I said before I do like a good bargain and amazon is the place to find them. A kindle fire is a perfect choice for holiday as you can download numerous books to your tablet and only have the one 'mega book' if you like to carry around, you can also adjust the brightness so it's easy to see in the sunshine or some late night reading. Also since your not taking a book the pages won't be ruined and get dried out and discolour that is my petty hate of having to take paperbacks on holiday! 

That is all I have for now, I'd love to hear some comments if anyone has any, which do you bloggers prefer? 

Natalie x


No comments:

Post a Comment